CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Gifts of the Spirit

I was listening to this BYU devotional today by Elder Eyring and it really spoke to me. Its a good source to learn or be reminded of the proper steps to obtain and retain the Spirit.

One thing Elder Erying spoke of that I need to improve upon is the "pure motive". When I pray for things, do I ask God for things that "I" want, or am I asking for things that "He" wants for me? Our motives must be pure in the things that we ask for in prayer, seeking only for His will. Elder Erying said "God is offended when we seek the gifts of the Spirit for our own purposes rather than for His. Our selfish motives may not be obvious to us. "

http://www.lds.org/library/display/0,4945,538-1-3751-1,00.html

2 comments:

Kristin said...

That's a good point... I'm going to have to think about that one!

Shauna said...

Merry Christmas my dear precious friend! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna