CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tender Mercies of the Lord

I know that we all have our own personalized share of trials. The beauty in this is that our trials are personalized for us and to us. It makes me want to cry when I think about how well the Lord knows my strengths, weaknesses and all of the things that make me 'me'. I believe that the love has for each us and knowledge He has about each of us are 'tender mercies'. He knew that we each needed to experience heartache yet in His great mercy he tailored that heartache for each of us knowing exactly what we could and could not handle. He wants us to be live, learn, grow and be successful.

1 Nephi 1:20 "But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of delivereance."

Nephi is telling us that these tender mercies are in our lives. In May 2005 Elder David A. Bednar stated, "Through personal study, observation, pondering , and prayer, I believe I have come to better understand the the Lord's tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consoluation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ."

He continues and says, "When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of delivereance."

When we ache, when we feel bad, when we feel alone, when nothing makes sense, when things seem trying the Lord often comes to us as a tender mercy. Amy, during a particularly difficult time you have quietly served as a tender mercy in my life bringing hope and strength to my heart and offering assurance and guidance in ways that you may not know. I am certain that you are an angel on His errand in my life.

xxox
brit

1 comments:

Achtung Amy! said...

Oh, what a wonderful post Britta! You are quite the writer and have quite the spirit about you. I've definately benefited from your words from this post, and many other words you've shared previous.